Save Money on Pine Kitty Litter

Pine kitty litter is safe, natural, and biodegradable. It also gives great odor control. The problem is that pine kitty litter is fairly expensive (especially if you have multiple litter boxes).

Pine pellet horse bedding is identical to the specially labeled kitty litter, but costs about $5.50 for 40 pounds vs almost $4.00 for 7 pounds of the labeled kitty litter. I buy mine at TSC stores, but it should be available at any farm supply store.

I have 5 house cats and have been saving money like this for about 3 years.

Many thanks for this tip! I switched to a name brand pine pellet cat litter about 8-9 years ago, and haven't really minded the price, until I saw this! I think someone once said pellets for pellet stoves can be used too, and are cheaper than the litter, but I never looked into that. I'm pretty sure I can find pine pellet horse bedding in this area, as there are horse owners in the ritzy area in the county where I live. You got my vote - good luck!

Hello,
I know that Pine litter is cheap but it can cause upper respiratory infection in cats as the odor is VERY strong and they breathe it in. This also goes for using it in a rabbit/small animals as well. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 20 years and we have treated this many times and it was due to the pine...

Thank you for the tip

Pets CatsAugust 16, 2013
🎃
🌻
🎂