Save on Heat with a Vaporizer

One year, it was brittle cold outside. I used a vaporizer (*not a humidifier) to add some humidity in the air. I was very surprised to feel the difference after a couple of hours. It was cozy and warmer than it had been before I turned the humidifier on. I had to turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees.

I noticed my skin and hair felt not as dry too. I even could breath better.

Give it a try, you will be surprised. I do this when the temperature is very cold only and the humidity is very low. Keeps the electric bill down some too!
My Dad used to place cans of water on the floor furnace, and now I know why.

A humidifier's main purpose is to do just this. Mine has dials/buttons so you choose the amount of humidity you want, need. And I can adjust the heat about 6 degrees down on the thermostat at minimal. Vaporizer is meant to have a medication in it. Hot steam is different than general house hold humidity.
Use of either one requires at least weekly cleaning. I put vinegar drops into my water tanks rather than bleach drops. You have to have something to kill bacteria that build and distributes in the air.

Reason for cool mist vaporizers sold. Contamination happens. Those are meant for single rooms, and cleaning at each fill.