Saving Money on Birthday Parties

A local indoor soccer center hosts parties and was reasonably priced, especially once we split the cost in half! It was a large enough space that both kids could invite as many friends as they wanted. The soccer center provided someone to host games on the field for the first hour and we had use of their party room for the second hour. They even cleaned up our pizza boxes and recycling after the party.

It was a great value for the amount of time we got and there is no way we could have fit that many kids in our backyard. Both sets of parents came away feeling it wasn't that much work or too expensive. Working together with another family really paid off.

By Jess from Hillsboro, OR

5 More Solutions

OFor those of you who are sending invitations to your child's birthday party, think about asking them NOT to bring a gift. (This is what my daughter does) That way, those with multiple children in the family that go to a lot of parties or those with low incomes, or have a parent who has recently lost their job can afford to come!

Tips for saving money on Birthday Parties (Especially parties for kids) as suggested by the ThriftyFun community. Feel free to post your ideas below!

birthday balloons, hats and cake.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I was asked to help with a party and then I was told to make a party for some one on my own. There were no supplies or an idea, just a date and time and a person.

When my daughter was little, the Dollar Tree didn't exist. I found things at thrift shops and made things. I always made sure it wasn't "age specific". In other words, the streamers, banners, etc. were generic.

When purchasing paper products for children's birthday parties, I buy only 1 package of napkins, plates and cups with a theme on them and then a coordinating color for the rest of the packages.

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 4, 2013
😷
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Birthday-Parties-1.html