Saving Money on Mailing Supplies

Category Tips
There are a lot of ways you can save money on mailing supplies. This is a guide about saving money on mailing supplies.

Use empty 1 liter soda bottles for packing when shipping things. They're lightweight and keep their shape. You can also cut the tops off and package the item in one bottle, then slide the second one over it and tape them together.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

I mail often and want to share some of the ways I have been saving on mailing dollars. I save all the packing materials (air bubbles, peanuts) that come from other mailings and reuse them. Even plastic bags, empty plastic soda bottles, and newspaper make good packing materials. I also save any padded envelopes and simply glue or tape with clear mailing tape a piece of copy paper or a three by five index card over them to reuse.

When we need to mail a package, we can often save money buy printing and paying for Priority postage on the USPS website. I get free delivery confirmation. I can also schedule a pickup and save on gas. If something is small but heavy, the Flat Rate boxes can save a lot of money.

I also check prices at UPS too, some larger packages are cheaper than the Post Office. I also watch for mailing supplies when they are on sale at Walgreens or CVS, they run the bubble envelopes and tape often.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Worry no more if you don't have brown paper for mailing your items. I used one of my green bean boxes from Sam's Club and turned it inside out. I taped it back together and it was ready for the items and the mail.

By thoroughly removing the labels on shipping boxes they can be easy reused, saving money and resources. This is a guide about removing labels from mailing boxes.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes