Saving Money on Mouthwash

When trying to reduce expenditures for groceries and sundries, it is helpful to look at all of the products you regularly buy and try to find ways to save on individual items and categories of products. This is a guide about saving money on mouthwash.

Do you want to use mouthwash, but find it too strong? I purchased a little purse-size squirt bottle from the dollar store, used a little funnel and filled the small bottle. Now I just open my mouth, give myself 3-4 minty squirts, and my mouth feels refreshed!

By Derryl from Ontario, Canada

I used to just pour mouthwash into a bathroom cup without measuring. Now I know I was wasting a lot of Listerine. The recommended amount per use is just 20 milliliters. I noticed the plastic dispenser cup on one of my almost empty cough syrup bottles also used milliliter measurements, and it is clearly marked to aid in dispensing. I now keep that cup on top of the mouthwash to measure the exact amount needed. This is saving me money.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

How would you measure a bottle of mouthwash?

By Jacqueline M

Answers

We need to know for what purpose. Height? weight? contents?