Saving Money on ThermaCare Heat Wraps

This is a guide about saving money on ThermaCare heat wraps. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your ThermaCare heat wraps. They can be cut down to a smaller size and proper storage helps them last longer.

I've been doing heat therapy on a small injury and ThermaCare heat wraps are a convenient way of applying comfortable heat just where I want it. However, they last for 16 hours and don't come in exactly the shape I need. Here are some tips about how to make them last longer.

• 1 ThermaCare Heat Wrap

1. Store the heat wrap in an airtight container to prevent it from activating. Use a glass container with an airtight lid or a metal tin with a tight fitting lid. The charcoal inside gets hot when it is exposed to oxygen. In a small glass container it quickly uses up all the oxygen and remains cool until you open it. I stored these for several days and they came out just as good as new.
  2. I usually apply heat only for a couple hours, but the wraps last for up to 16 hours. By placing the wrap back into the airtight container you can get several shorter uses out of it.
  3. If you need a smaller heat wrap you can cut the larger heat wraps into pieces. I'm applying heat to a small injury so the "Neck Pain" wrap is about twice as big as I need, but is easy to cut right down the middle. Save the half you don't use in your container for later.