Saving Money on a Newspaper Subscription

Category Frugal Living
Newspapers often have promotional deals to encourage new subscribers. This can be a great way to save money on your newspaper subscription. This is a guide about receiving local paper online.

We share the newspaper. I have a friend who subscribes and I have her save her newspapers for me to read. I see her at church twice a week and she gives me a stack each time. I still get the news and coupons and we are both being green!

By Sherri from Rome, GA

To save yourself some money and also save some trees. Check online to see if you can receive your local newspaper online. We don't pay for a subscription to the local paper, which saves us over $100.00 per year, plus we don't have the hassle of throwing away nor having to recycle a newspaper either. If we want to save something from the paper, we can just print it out, or choose to purchase only that one issue. Although I find that plenty of people who do receive the daily paper will gladly give you their issues free after they are finished reading it. The easiest way to find your local paper online is to type the name of the paper, city and state in the search bar.

By Tonya from Martinsville, OH

Do you still receive home newspaper delivery?

Best Answer

Yes, I get a daily newspaper delivered. It's wonderul, especially when the snow starts piling up or it's raining cats and dogs. It's always right in front of my door and I don't have to go and look for it

By chml (Guest Post)
Best Answer

We receive Sunday papers in the middle of the night and go through the coupons marking the ones I want. Then if we want more papers we can get more for the good coupons. We also get a 7 day a week local paper, that has less coupons.