Sealing Home-printed Photo Magnets

Keep your homemade photo magnets nice by sealing them. This is a page about sealing home-printed photo magnets.

I got the cutest magnets for Mother's Day! They are photos of my grandsons that my daughter turned into magnets using her printer and magnetic paper. However, I'm not about to put them on the fridge in the kitchen, because I'm afraid they'll be ruined if they get wet or grimy, if something gets splattered on them, etc.

These magnets are just paper with the photo printed in printer ink. I have barely touched them since I got them, but the edges are already fraying a bit just from touching them to move them!

I'm trying to figure out how to seal them so they are protected. I've thought about spray sealer for crafts, but am afraid it might make the ink run. I've also thought about laminate or clear shelf paper to seal it, but don't know if that would work well either.

Anybody have any experience on the best way to preserve these? Thanks!

By Judy = Oklahoma from Tulsa, OK

Answers

Best Answer

I have used acrylic spray to seal printer ink, so that I could use print-outs for decoupage. If possible, ask your daughter to print out something (color) on plain paper so you can test the spray.

Once you spray and let it dry, you could seal them further with decoupage medium for durability. The spray will have a strong odor for a few days, be warned!

Best Answer

At the Dollar store I bought a roll of clear contact paper. I've used it to "sandwich" lots of paper and fabric crafts I wanted to preserve.

Best Answer

My friend always prints pics on regular paper then just laminates them. They always turn out great too! I think you should try this as a liquid may ruin it. Good luck

You could buy a roll of clear packageing tape and cut it to size to cover the front.

Crafts AdviceJanuary 4, 2017
🎃