Securing Throw Rugs on Hardwood Floors

I have 15 rugs on my hardwood floors. I am trying to secure them from moving around especially with my four dogs. I tried almost everything I find in the stores, but nothing has worked.

By Cassidy

I have wood laminate and use the carpet pads you put under the rugs. Works for me.

Take each rug and put it on a table upside down. With a hot glue gun, make a "lazy S" around the edges and then crisscross several times in the center. Once dried, it will make a good non-slide backing. However, if for some reason the fabric doesn't like the glue I would try it with one rug first. Hope that helps.

This is the best idea!
I've tried everything, trust me, I'm 56.
I was using industrial spray adhesive, it worked, but like everything else, not for long.

Hot glue strip like on the bottom of slippers! It will stick to the rug, I'm going to go do it right now to my favorite rug that the rubber backing came off of!
Thanks!!

I just bought a glue gun & glue sticks! Praying that this will take care of the slipping rugs on my daddy's Linoleum Floors! We have tried so many products & doesn't seem to adhere to the backing of the rugs! Thank you for the post :)

What do you actually mean by "Lazy S"?

Will the hot glue stay attached to rubber backing (which is NOT non-slip)?