Selling Encyclopedias

I have a full set of Britannica encyclopedias from 1-24, plus A-Z dictionaries, and the atlas. I would like to sell them, but am not sure where the best place is to go. Could you advise me please?

By Rob

Well, best of luck trying to sell them. I would start first with Craig's List. Then I would try a pawn shop (which is iffy). Your best bet might be trading them in at a used bookstore for store credit. The store "may" buy them for a lesser value than what the store credit would be but I wouldn't count on it.

Best chance for the pawn shop or bookstore would be a town with a community college, college or university. More demand in general for that sort of thing.

Your best bet for getting the value of the set in the long run might be to donate it to an organization that can give you a tax voucher and then claim that donation on your taxes. Doesn't put money in your pocket right now but it could possibly save you money next year. That is if you itemize your taxes.