General AdviceConsumer Advice

Selling Old Police Achievement Trophies

I have a box of 50+ police awards from the 50s. Where can I sell them? They're really nice ones for high achievements.
Thank you.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I don't think there is much of a market for these. You can donate them to a precinct to reuse.

Some trophies can occasionally be sold but most have to be donated to schools and special Olympics for reuse.
Your problem is that yours are police and many places it is unlawful to sell anything that depicts actual police awards or a policeman. Not sure about these so you may have to find a city or county police department that could use them.

It is highly unlikely you will find anyone willing to buy them and I would be very sure it was legally okay before putting them up for sale.

I would suggest checking into a trophy recycling service. They collect old trophies and recycle them. Here is an excellent link to such a program.
http://www.awar … cling_ep_46.html

I would think about recycling them. There are many places to choose from.

https://www.fac … ecyclingProgram/

I believe your question was "Where can I sell my trophies?"

There are a lot of places that accept trophies as donations but the sender is usually always responsible for the cost of shipping the trophies to the company/business. Since all trophies are very heavy the cost of shipping even a few could be almost astronomical. That is a good reason to try and find someplace in the person's area to donate.
In answer to your question - where to sell? - I would try contacting several large police organizations to see if there is any possibility one of these could use them.
PLEASE check out the legality of anyone using these trophies other than a police department even before donating them to anyone (other than a police department). It may be perfectly okay but - maybe not.
If you decide you want to donate them, here is a site that states they will pay for postage (not YOU pay postage) and they may be able to tell you if they can take police trophies.

http://www.tcre … w-it-works.shtml

I would try pawn shops, movie companies, or ebay.