Selling Slightly Used Candles?

I have some old candles that have only been used once for a short time. I want to sell them; what price can I charge?

Best Answer

I just sold (on Facebook--on my local Sale Want Trade group) a huge box of candles as you describe and I got $5.00

There were 20 candles (mix of tapers, jars, tea lights, and fat candles. Most were used once or twice (18/20, 2 were brand new).

I had reduced them several times before mine sold (I started at $15) and sold for $5. Start high and maybe you will have luck. If not, accept best offer.

Happy sales!

Best Answer

When I price things, it's how much would I pay if I were purchasing the item and how much do I want to receive.

Price with a little room to negotiate so it's a win/win situation.

Example - you know you want at least $10. I would price at $12 or $13, that way the person negotiating will most likely say $10 and it's a win/win situation. You get the price you want and the person does too.

Best Answer

Basically you can change any price you want. That does not mean a person will pay it. Selling used candles is a lot different than selling new ones. You should try and sell them off in lots or in a group or you can sell them one by one. The best way to know the price is to look at them and decide how much you would actually pay for the candle. This normally gives you a good idea about how much another person is willing to pay for the item.

I would take pictures of what you have,Then suggest a price,or do bidding for the sale.

Charge 1/2 to 1/3 the price of new.

Research online how much the candles are going for and you can decide how much you would like to charge.

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 23, 2019
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Selling-Slightly-Used-Candles.html