Separating Bacon Strips Without Tearing

Category Cooking Tips
Separating bacon slices, especially thin ones can result in torn strips. This is a page about separating bacon strips without tearing.

Separating strips of bacon can be really bothersome. To make it easier, use a flat, flexible cake scraper. The strips will be easy to remove without tearing.

By Jo from Riverside, RI

Top Comment

When I open a new package of bacon, I cut the entire package in half. The shorter strips are easier to separate and they fit in my frying pan better!

Top Comment

I have taken the package of bacon and placed it in the sink in some warm water to warm it a little. Read this tip somewhere. This also helps to get the strips separated.

This is a page about removing bacon in one piece. Removing bacon from the package without tearing a strip can be frustrating.

Removing Bacon in One Piece

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsAugust 17, 2016
🎃