Sewing Machine Make and Model

I have a machine that is turquoise and beige in color. The face plate is missing and the only # I have found is J-A3 4493. It looks close to the 1959 Brother Galaxie 230. This one has a zigzag stitch and is a very heavy machine. I just need to know the make and model. It was my mother-in-law's. I think she bought it in the 70s. The belt broke and I need to find the model# to replace the belt.

Take it to a Sewing Center..... They repair all sorts of machines and can help you. I just remembered... There might be another place on the machine that will have a smaller name plate or a sticker with the name on it. It looks like a good sturdy one. I hope you find what you need.

You could also try emailing your photos to:

www.tandtrepair.com/

He does vintage machine repairs - mainly Singer but also a few other brands - and might be able to tell you the brand, model, and he quite possibly stocks the belt you need. Worth a try - he's a lovely gentleman according to my friends in the US who've kept many a fine vintage machine up and sewing thanks to him!

I just remembered ..... It might be a Janome.... I'll see if I can find out and get back

Anonymous

I have the exact same machine . The emblem that you are missing reads Made expresly for Carson Pirie Scott & Co . The model mumber is 290.

It was given to me but I had to get a new bobbin for it. The man at the sewing machine co. told me it was an excellent machine. He said that Japan made real good machines. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

The emblem on this machine that is missing on yours reads as (Made expresly for Carson Pirie Scott & Co.) It is model #290. I have been told that Japan makes an excellent machine. I had to find a bobbin for mine when I got it.

Take it out of the base and there should be a plate that has the model and serial numbers

Anonymous

I need a electric cord fo a modeldx2015

I am researching similar machine and I think it's a Nelco made in Japan. "Universal" also comes up.

I haven't found an exact picture match bc mine has a black area behind the buttons, but pretty close to yours.