Shades of Pink Birthday Card
Little girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice. Pay homage to this saying by making a birthday card with soft hues of pink. Use a felt butterfly as the main theme of the card. This delightful little card is sure to make the birthday girl smile.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one card
- 10 x 5 in white shimmer cardstock
- 4.4 inch sized square cut from blue shimmer cardstock
- A5 sized dark pink sugar paper
- A5 sized light pink sugar paper
- 3.3 x 3.1 in pink felt butterfly design
- 10mm wide pink-with-purple-leopard-spots washi tape
- four clear flower rhinestones
- 14 small cerise pink flat-sided rhinestones
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- Pilot silver marker pen
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the white shimmer cardstock to make a card sized 5" x 5".
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue the blue shimmer cardstock to the front of the card. Then, add a strip of washi tape to the left and right of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the felt butterfly to the front of the card.
- Glue 10 cerise pink rhinestones to the butterfly to highlight parts of the wings and body.
- Use the silver pen to add detail to the cardstock showing behind the butterfly.
- Cut four flowers each from the dark pink and light pink sugar paper. Glue each dark pink sugar paper flower on top of a light pink flower, but do not glue it down completely, so that you can slightly bend the petals of the dark pink flower upwards. Glue the four combined flowers to the card.
- Add a flower rhinestone to centre of each flower. Finish it off with a cerise pink rhinestone on top of each flower rhinestone.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!