Sheets Smell After Washing

Category Odors
If this happens to you, there are a number of generic household cleaners such as baking soda and vinegar that will typically remove the odor. This is a guide about a remedy for sheets that smell after washing.

I have had an issue with the smell of my sheets. I don't notice the odor on other items. Anyway, right out of the wash (on sanitize cycle) the sheets don't smell fresh. I had a set of sheets that I threw away because the odor filled the cupboard and the room. I bought a new washing machine after that, but I notice the same issue cropping up. I have hung them out to dry, which did not help that much. I don't use softener in the washer. I have a front loading washer.

Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

When the washer goes off, do you immediately move your clothes from the washer to the dryer?

If you leave your clothes in the washer for a long time, that could be the smell perhaps.

Best Answer

Try running your washer on an empty load, using bleach or vinegar. It may be your washer.

Why do my sheets smell like dirty hair after washing?

Kitty

Answers

Best Answer

Add 1 cup of white vinegar along with your washload that should eliminate any foul odors.

By arachgold (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I tried vinegar, baking soda, and oxyclean. The vinegar and baking soda worked well for some of the musty laundry, but the product that worked the best was Pin Sol.

I think it worked well because it is a degreaser. When youn, I remember my mom using Lestol (spelling) in the laundry, but I can't find that product anywhere.