Shelf Life of Frozen Ricotta Cheese?

I bought ricotta cheese when I bought it it had a month till it expires. I froze it; so how much time do I have when I take it out of the freezer?

By Valerie

Today I saw agreat deal at the store. Very good quality ricotta cheese on sale at 99 cents for a 16oz container. The best before date is in two days. I froze 8, kept 4 in the fridge. You must know it is cheese, not meat, you will NOT get sick. The ricotta I keep in the fridge will be just a good if eaten within the next month. If you take one out of the freezer, it will easily last a week, probably more. Thaw it as you need for your recipe. Note that the texture will not be as smooth when defrosted. No big deal for a pasta recipe but might bother you if you eat is straight out of the container.

I would not defrost until you need it. This link gives good info on freezing.

www.stilltasty.com/.../18189

Since it gets a little wonky when you defrost the ricotta, I actually prefer to cook up the stuffed shells or lasagna using the ricotta, portion into meal sizes, freeze in secure containers, and then defrost and heat. To me it keeps every element intact. Just my preference.

Frozen cheese is good for a few months, but the texture of ricotta will change. It is not a cheese that freezes well.

Food and Recipes Freezing DairyMarch 8, 2013
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Shelf-Life-of-Frozen-Ricotta-Cheese.html