Shepherd's Pie

I grew up on Shepherds Pie! Someone recently told me they were making it, and I thought... I havent had that in years. Well, I hadn't shopped. But I keep a few staple items in case I want to make something. So this is how I made my quick and easy Shepherd's Pie.

1. Using a wide skillet, cook the ground beef and sausage, breaking into small pieces until cooked.
  2. Add the onion and peppers, then the minced garlic. Stirring well. Add a little bit of water as needed. Add all the seasonings. Cook and stir well, turn heat on low.
  3. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes until tender and ready to drain.
  4. Drain, put back in the pan and add butter, cheese, egg, seasoning and milk. Mix with a mixer until smooth.
  5. Add 1/4 cup of the gravy to the meat mixture. Save the gravy for the meal.
  6. Cook the frozen corn for 1 minute in the microwave.
  7. Using an oven proof dish, use spray oil before filling it. Fill with all the meat mixture evenly.
  8. Then a layer of corn. Then spoonfuls of the whipped potatoes evenly over the top. Then with the back of a spoon peak the potatoes to give them a nice look.
  9. Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve by spoonfuls with brown gravy.

the only thing I can say is "yum" I think this is what I'm going to have for dinner....thank you

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJanuary 17, 2020
💘
🍀
Generated 2021-01-12 11:13:52 in 980 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Shepherds-Pie-2.html