Shih Tzu Mix Photos

Category Pets
These mixed breed dogs make great companions. They are bright and lively, but can adapt to apartment living. This is a guide about Shih Tzu mix photos.

I would like to introduce Yoshi the Shiranian. Does anyone know about these babies? He is a Pomeranian mixed with Shih Tzu.

Cookie

Answers

Your little one is a cutie. He looks sweet.
This is our mix.
We have a ShihPoo
his name is Honey. He is sweet very playful.
He barks like a wildman when he runs out to
backyard he runs out and is barking LOUD on the
way. Probably to let outside know he is headed out.
Honey is a sweet baby about 10 months old and
has won our hearts.

Here's a picture of my Shih Tzu/Yorkie mix (Tipper) kissing my grandson (Kade). I can't believe how much Tipper looks like Yoshi!

Hi, I have a Shih-Tzu & Pomeranian mix - I call him a Shiteranian :) His name is Sampson (or Sammy for short)

I was told he'd be 10 lbs but he is almost 4 years old and up to 23 lbs.

Here he is with my min-pin, Alexis.

I have a shih tzu/pom mix, I call him my pom-a-blank. lol His name is PVT Ted E. Bear (and yes he posed in the picture on his own)

this is mee mee her real name is meshu we call her mee meee for short she likes it . she was about 10 weeks old when this pic was taken, she is now 15 weeks old , we almostlost her the day after we got her she went into a dibettic coma , but with all the love and taking care of her shes better now ,she weights about 1.5 lbs she wont get much bigger than that and she is spoiled rotten

I have a Pomeranian shitzu and she is 7 1/2 years old. her name is peanut and she is the best dog. we had her as a puppy in 2000 and her b-day is June 1st. she acts like a human sometimes that we 4get that shes a dog. I call her peanut,baby pb&j, and I always say hey cutie. I love her more than life and she always cheers me up when she walks her her cute chubby butt in my room. lmao. |=)

What causes a 5 year old Pom Shih Tzu Mix to shake and breathe rapidly? This has happened 3 times now about once a week, and lasts about 15-20 minutes each time.

This is Sadie. Almost 5 months old. I call her Sadie, Sadie baby, puppy dog, or teddy bear. She is the cutest thing. She is just like a walking teddy bear.

Here is my pom/ shih tzu mix!

Been browsing and had to add my pom shih-tzu, Tobie. She is almost a year old. One of the best dogs I have ever owned. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

This is Rupert my pom shih tzu mix puppy! He is the smartest dog I have ever met. I love him! He's a sweetie.

This was my little puppy Sadie. She unfortunately was only with us for 2 months, but she was such a sweetie! Sadie was 4 months old when she passed away from injuries she sustained when another dog attacked her at the park. She was extremely affectionate, loved to sit on our shoulders and our laps and loved to play. I can honestly say that Shih poms are an amazingly sweet and smart breed! Sadie had graduated "Puppy Fundamental" classes the day before she passed away and was scheduled to begin "beyond basic" classes the next week. I love that little fluff ball and will miss her dearly. When we're ready for another puppy, there is no doubt that it will be another Shih Pom.

I just got a little Shih-Pom this weekend. He's 6 weeks old and the cutest little guy ever! He gets way too much attention.. To me, he looks more Pom than Shih Tzu.. I'm hoping he won't be much of a shedder as he gets older. He will be about 5 lbs. I still haven't decided on a name. Any suggesions, let me know! Thanks

I just got a little Shih-Pom this weekend. He's 6 weeks old and the cutest little guy ever! He gets way too much attention.. To me, he looks more Pom than Shih Tzu. I'm hoping he won't be much of a shedder as he gets older. He will be about 5 lbs. I still haven't decided on a name. Any suggestions, let me know! Thanks

This is my little 1 yr old partner in crime, Gringo. I also like to call him G-Man. He is a living, breathing stuffed animal. He is such a blessing to my life and i adore him!

this is my dog GIR she is a Shiranian to, is'nt she cute!

This is Baxter. He is precious! We got him when he was six weeks old. He is now five months old and as energetic as ever! He will be about 5lbs full grown.

This is sami. She is 7 months old. she is so good and we love her.

This is Gus, my shiranian. He just recently turned one this year. He is great and the most adorable thing I have ever seen!

I was enjoying these pics and just wanted to add my beautiful dog Abby. I could never ask for a better dog. She is the BEST!

Yes, we had one who passed last week at nearly 19 years old. We are broken hearted. He was the best and had my heart. Baci was a sturdy little dog, loyal and kind. He was fabulous with our grandchildren--even as babies. He was loved and loved us back.

I have a pup whose father is a Shih-tzu and mother is a Min-Pin, so he is a Pin-tzu. Can I get him registered?

By Amy from Decatur, OH

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Lovey is a 5 month old Shorkie (shitzu and yorkie). My son's karate teacher was selling puppies for a friend. I went to pick up my son and was greeted with him holding this tiny puppy, I fell in love and, $50 later, she was home with us. She likes to chase rolled up socks and run around a tree in the front yard. We already had a 9 year old chihuahua, Abraham. Lovey pounces on him and tries to engage him in play. He tolerates her but ignores her playfulness.

By Maria

A shih tzu yorkie puppy.

Comment Like this photo? 17

Lila is a 4 year old Yorkie/Shih Tzu. I purchased her in Spokane, WA when she was 6 weeks old! She loves to play with her stuffed animal toys, chew on her Dingos, and to cuddle.

By Lisa S.

Lila (Yorkie/Shih Tzu)

Comment Like this photo? 22

Lovey is a 5 month old Shorkie (Yorkie and Shitzu). She has a stuffed toy flamingo that we named "Domingo the Flamingo" and she loves to toss him around and make him squeek. Lovie won our neighborhood pet contest and is featured on the cover of our local magazine, the Advocate.

By MC

closeup of puppy

Comment Like this photo? 15

Your Pet's Age
4 months old and born on Christmas Day

Your Pet's Breed
Shih Tzu/Maltese/Bichon

How and when did you get your pet?
I saw a litter on the internet and inquired about the puppies and it was within my area. I drove to see them and chose a pup from the litter while they were eleven days old.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Ivy loves to fetch a toy and return it. She has squeaky stuffy toys she runs around the room with in her mouth while squeaking and shaking it. She likes to play tug with an old sock. The simple things like a piece of ice slid across the kitchen floor is enjoyed. The ice she was playing with melted and she walked around looking for it. She loves to snatch at the bubbles from a wand and most recently, we took her outside for exploration time. Ivy paid attention to the birds in flight, listening to them and sniffing in the grass before lying down in its coolness. Putting on her harness/leash is no problem as she's willing to go outside. Ivy likes guitar music and tilts her head as she listens to it; no other instrument gets her attention quicker than a guitar.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Ivy loves to play ball on the floor with us and while dragging an old sock around us while she chases it. She's learned to take short cuts to get to it sooner; she's smart. We took her outdoors on the deck on a windy and warm day and she stood facing the wind and a gust blew into her face. Ivy took her paw and smacked at the wind like that would make it go away. She makes us laugh a lot and does so many cute things while learning from her new experiences.

Comment Like this photo? 9

Muffin is a 3 months old. Her mom is Papillon and dad is a Shih Tzu/Poodle cross. Does that make her a PapShihPoo? LOL! We found our pet through the paper ads and got her Oct. 22, 2006.

Muffin has an adopted brother Sparky, and together they romp and play. She really likes it outside and in the cover of dry maple leaves. She can almost hide in them for Sparky to find her! She will jump out and tackle him, or he runs circles around her and leaps over her since he has longer legs. She loves playing and digging under the shrubs too, I am sure I'll find some surprises in the spring! At least, I know where they are by the shrubs shaking! They share all their toys, and sleep together at night. He is her protector and big brother.

Our little babies are filling a void we had since we lost our dear Bandit in Dec. We have lots of love to give to them and they are giving it back ten-fold!

By Betty from Cowichan Bay, BC

Muffin and Sparky

Comment Like this photo? 1

I got Zeus from the local garden center where they had 2 puppies. When there was one left my family bought the dog as a friend for our other dog Dakota.

curly cream and white dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Sammie is 1 1/2 year old Shih Tzu Mix. I got her in September 2009 from people who no longer wanted her and were gonna throw her on side of the road if no one took her. She loves to run!

Sammie (Shih Tzu Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Jethro is 5 1/2 months old. He is a mix of Bichon, Shih Tzu and Cavalier. My kids have grown and moved out and I wanted a dog for so long but waited for just the right one. I saw him up for adoption and fell in love. My kids gave him to me for Mothers Day!

Jethro (Bichon/Shih Tzu/Cavalier Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Milo is a four year old Shitzu/Malteese. We inherited our "grand dog" from our son and his fiancee a few months after we lost our precious Yorkie.

Milo (Shih Tzu - Maltese)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Muffin is 6 months old. Her mother is Papillon, her father is a ShihTzu/Poodle cross. She has the front feet of the ShihTzu and small back feet, so we call her 4-wheel drive! She is so playfull, but a little minx.

Muffin At Six Months (Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Meshu (but we call her Mee Mee) is 15 weeks old. She is a Shih Tzu and Pom mix. I got my pet right before Christmas at a flea market, they had all kinds of dogs there

Meshu (Shih Tzu/Pom)

Comment Like this photo? Yes

The neighbor's dog was pregnant with 5 puppies; unfortunately the mother and 3 of the pups didn't make it. The neighbors both worked full time and I run a day care from home so I naturally took in the puppies and bottle fed them. Kobe found a new home last week and Aimee stayed with me.

Aimee Love (Shih Tzu Mix )

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I got her from a breeder. She loves to cuddle and play with other dogs and people.

Chloe (Shorkie - Shih Tzu/Yorkie)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Teddy Bear is a Shih Poo. Teddy is about 9 weeks old here. We got Teddy in the summer to replace our kitty who died. Teddy loves to jump but because he is so small, he doesn't get up on anything.

Teddy bear(Shih Poo)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Muffin's Spaying (Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle). Muffin is 5 months old. She is a Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle We got her from an ad in the paper.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Mousie she is 9 years old shitzu mix. She loves to eat. Hey, am I flying yet?

Comment Like this photo? Yes

I met Luna at a dog rescue shelter. I came to see a different dog, but as I was leaving disappointed that I hadn't felt a connection with the dog, I saw a pair of big brown eyes on a tiny white dog. It was love at first sight.

Luna

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Heidi Ho is 1 year old. She is a Toy Poodle and Shih Tzu mix. I fell in love with Heidi in a pet shop window when she was only 3 months old.

Heidi loves her swimming pool and loves to chase the water coming out of the hose, only when it's "jet stream" though :) Heidi enjoys lounging in the yard while I do my yard work. Heidi loves all people and all dogs, no matter the breed or size. She loves to play!

By Claudettte from Kent, WA

Lucy Loo is 10 month old Shih Tzu/Papillion mix. When she was 8 weeks old I got her off Craigslist. She likes climbing! She's on the table, on the room dividers, on the banister, on the recliners, on the back of the couch. I also own a moving company and she is on the big trucks as co-pilot!

Lucy is great, I've never had a small dog, but she is just as big as my others. I love the fact she does not have the bug eyes, but has a lot of Shih Tzu qualities. You may see orange in her hair, I color it!

By Rene from Springfield, MO