Shower Pan Liner For Flower Beds

Here is a picture of flower beds lined with shower pan liner. The liner protects the tree trunk and makes maintenance so easy. It helps keep weeds and tree roots out. I had sent this picture to an Ag agent for advice about something. I ran across it while deleting emails and thought it would be enjoyed by others who are waiting for spring, just as I am.

If I do another bed under another tree, I will photograph all the steps and post them.

1. Photo Description Here is a picture of flower beds lined with shower pan liner. The liner protects the tree trunk and makes maintenance so easy. It helps keep weeds and tree roots out. I had sent this picture to an ag agent for advice about something. I ran across it while deleting emails and thought it would be enjoyed by others who are waiting for Spring, just as I am.

2. Photo Location

I just love to see ivy growing up a tree! I know people say it will kill the tree but I have 20 years living proof that ivy does not harm a tree.

Your tree looks peaceful -

Shower pan liner - sounds interesting.

Just the picture is worth a vote!

Shower pan liner is like a thick sheet of rubber. I try not to disturb tree roots when making these beds. With this liner, I can mold it around the tree roots.

(I don't think I entered this as a tip, just a garden photo. There's not enough information for a tip. And I don't think I entered a contest, either. It would be funny if I won a contest I didn't enter).

Okay - I will think about this as I have a couple of older trees that really need more attention.

I think it is a good tip so maybe your info and photo will win.

It's marked as a gardening tip and is eligible for the contest. Tips don't have to be long. :)

If you are truly considering this, do know that it is a hit or miss affair. You may choose a tree and a site under that tree and get half the necessary digging done only to encounter large roots That will say 'No farther'! Depending on the type flowers you intend to grow, the hole should be as least 8 inches deep.

I cut lots of roots away, but they are hairlike or up to pencil size. If you run into larger, you will have to refill the hole and choose another site. You have to consider the health of the tree.

Very pretty and peaceful!

Anonymous

Thanks, Robyn