Kitchen ToolsFood Tips

Silicone Turkey Lifter for Removing Pans

I have an 18 quart roaster which I use because I don't have a functioning oven. I generally use a 9x13 Pyrex dish when making lasagna and other casseroles and cakes but it's almost impossible to get out without tilting it or burning my hands. I can't use the oven mitts because there's not enough room for the mitt and my hands. Regular pot holders will not cover the back of my hands plus the dish handles. What I have found that works beautifully is a silicone turkey lifter. I place it under the 9x13 dish before I start baking. When the dish is done, I just lift it out with the handles and put on a rack to cool. I haven't tried it on a turkey yet but it certainly works on other dishes.

Source: Amazon

Related Product:

I have one of these too, and it's a wonderful item! I got mine for $5 through a mail order catalog that was clearing them out, and have been delighted with how easily I can lift roasts, chickens, hams and turkeys with it! I second the recommendation!