Silver Shark Not Eating

Category Fish
It can be a serious problem when one of your fish stops eating. This is a guide about silver shark not eating.

I purchased a silver shark last week and it still seems to be a little uneasy. It hits the sides of the tank most of the time and is very scared of the other fish, which is kind of funny as the other fish are small portion of its size. Also, it doesn't seem to be eating at all. It stays away when I feed it and I've never seen it eat once. I've tried flake foods, worms insects, lettuce and still no interest.

Any ideas would be a help.

Bec, Australia

Answers

Best Answer

I found a little trick for feeding shark fish when they're not eating.

Buy 1 tub of frozen krill, before feeding them crush it up into small chunks, not flakes, chunks when it floats to the bottem or middle they will eat it 99% of the time it has worked with all my m8s and I have 7 of them that keep sharks the others keep gold fish. For the 1% of the time that it doesn't work try cleaning the algae of the tank and the nitrates by changing the water.

this is sure to help

matt

Best Answer

Try to feed them blood worms, by just pouring a few in front of them or in their notice. If they are not habituated with blood worms they will not eat at once. Don't worry they will eat gradually.

I am new to this forum, so please bear with me. I bought some tropical fish about 3 months ago including 1 silver shark, who doesn't seem to have grown and he is not eating, he is floating around half the time with his head down.

I did see him originally eat just a little and thought maybe he prefers to pick up the bits that float to the bottom. He is not picked on by any of the other fish, but he is looking in dire need now. I do have him isolated in the hospital tank at the moment to observe better. Any help would be appreciated. Water tests for PH, ammonia and nitrate are all fine.
Thanks.

Answers

You silver shark is sick. I would go to the pet store and ask the store what product you need to add to your water. Normally, they sell drops to put in the water for different types of skin diseases. Look at his fins to make sure they are not breaking off in small pieces.

If he is swimming with his head down, that is not a good sign. Go back to the pet store and see what special food or medications he can have.