Slaw Beet Salad
This delicious salad is a combination of roasted beets and brussels sprouts, fresh radicchio and spinach, and finished with a tangy citrus dressing. This page contains a recipe and instructions for making slaw beet salad
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a healthy and refreshing side salad dish that will complement any dish especially meat. I made this for our holiday Christmas party and it paired very well with prime rib.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: Party of 8-10
- 5 beets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 navel oranges
- 3 pears
- radicchio leaves
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Wash and dice beets into cubes or your desired size. Pat dry and lay beets on parchment paper over a sheet pan.
- Do the same with brussels spouts. Drizzle both beets and brussel sprouts with a little olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes for brussels sprouts, and 30-45 minutes for the beets depending on how soft you want them to be.
- For the dressing - mix olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar and dash of salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Add radicchio and spinach, to the brussels sprouts and beets. Toss with the dressing.
- Optional: Cut orange and pear for topping of the salad.
- Top with oranges and pears, and you could add walnuts or pumpkin seeds, too.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.