Slaw Beet Salad

This is a healthy and refreshing side salad dish that will complement any dish especially meat. I made this for our holiday Christmas party and it paired very well with prime rib.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 30-45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Yield: Party of 8-10

1. Wash and dice beets into cubes or your desired size. Pat dry and lay beets on parchment paper over a sheet pan.
  2. Do the same with brussels spouts. Drizzle both beets and brussel sprouts with a little olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes for brussels sprouts, and 30-45 minutes for the beets depending on how soft you want them to be.
  3. For the dressing - mix olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar and dash of salt & pepper. Set aside.
  4. Add radicchio and spinach, to the brussels sprouts and beets. Toss with the dressing.
  5. Optional: Cut orange and pear for topping of the salad.
  6. Top with oranges and pears, and you could add walnuts or pumpkin seeds, too.

Thats a great salad. I am going to try this.

Thank you. It is really good and refreshing. I hope you enjoy it, Judy.

Wow, this contains two of my favorite veggies. I will definitely give it a try. It will be all for me as my family seems to have a deep grained aversion to both beets and brussels sprouts. Silly them.

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads VegetableJanuary 13, 2018
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Slaw-Beet-Salad-2.html