Slow Cooker Taco Meat Recipes
Delicious meat filling for your tacos can be cooked slowly in your crockpot. This page contains slow cooker taco meat recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These tacos are easy to prep in the morning and have ready for dinner. This recipe can be doubled if you want to make more.
Total Time: 3-6 hours
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place all spices into a bowl and stir to combine. You can modify the spice amounts to suit your tastes.
- Break up raw hamburger and put it into the crockpot.
- Add spices, onion, and garlic to the meat and mix well.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour to brown meat. Stir occasionally, breaking up any large pieces of meat.
- Then either cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 2.5-3 hours. Once meat is done, pour off excess grease.
- Serve with hard or soft shells with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
August 9, 20141 found this helpful
Taco meat made in a slow cooker is a great way to have both delicious meat and an easily prepped meal.