Serve this chicken and sauce over fettuccini.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high, add chicken and, working in batches if needed, sear on all sides until just browned, remove and place in slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion to the pot and sauté until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes, add garlic and cumin, sauté for an additional minute, add wine, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes being sure to scrape up any browned bits.
- Pour tomato mixture over the chicken, cover, and cook until the chicken is tender, about 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
By Ann from Richland, WA