Crockpot Chicken with Gravy Recipe

Category Crockpot
Use you slow cooker to make a savory chicken and gravy dinner. This is a guide about crockpot chicken with gravy recipe.

Do you want a fancy, yummy dinner with almost no effort? You need only 2 ingredients to prepare a meal good enough for company. Please try this, I think you'll be happy. It's so easy!

Total Time: About 5 minutes prep

Yield: Serves around 7 or 8

Source: A busy Mom's desperate mind! :)

• 1 average sized chicken
  • 1/4 cup mesquite seasoning
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 3 Tbsp Cornstarch

1. Place your chicken in your crockpot.
  2. Ad

3. Rub all over with 1/4 cup mesquite seasoning. You may wish to try another, lemon pepper would be great too! :) Believe it or not, you do not need any liquid, it makes it own. It is very tender and moist when done!
  4. Cook on high for about 3 hours and 20 minutes.
  5. Place your chicken on a serving platter and set in microwave to keep warm till your gravy is done. *You do NOT need to turn microwave on, door being shut will do the trick.:)
  6. Ad

7. Using a mesh colander, strain the drippings from the bottom of the crockpot. You just want to remove the solid bits.
  8. Pour your strained drippings into a saucepan. Add 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch to 2/3 Cup of cold water and shake well. Add this to your pan.
  9. Cook on high whisking constantly for only 2 or 3 minutes. All done!!
  10. You will end up with about 2 cups gravy.
  11. * You could probably cook this longer on a low setting if you must be gone all day.
  12. Ad

Top Comment

That looks delicious and the gravy is gluten free.

Just in the past few weeks, I learned how to make gravy using corn starch instead of flour. For a little extra flavor, I add a Herbox Beef Bouillon cube.

I have had to eat gluten free for the past 5 years and being able to have gravy again is a real treat for me.

I'm going to try this.

Placing the chicken under the broiler after it's cooked can crisp the skin for a roasted chicken taste.

Good idea bryguy, I will try that, thanks.:)