Smart TV Damaged Screen View?

I have a Samsung smart TV that fell from an entertainment center and hit the corner of it. The screen itself did not break, but now it shows rainbow colored streaks and a place where the impact occurred.

Can this be fixed? Is it worth fixing? What would the estimated cost be?

Answers

Best Answer

Sadly because of the impact, the set is probably not repairable at a cost less than getting a replacement TV. Most likely the inner layer(s) of the screen have fractured, disrupting the signal coming through the mesh.

Best Answer

I agree with cybergrannie, call and ask: www.samsung.com/.../

Then you can make up your mind if you want to get it fixed or if it would be less expensive to get a new one.

We still have a few private TV repair shops in my town, so you can always hunt for one of those places and get a second opinion.

I am always of the mind to fix before replace and I cost it out. Based on the year (age of the TV) and how much a repair costs.

Like if it costs $100 and the TV is 1 year old, then I get it fixed, but if the TV is 5 years old and costs $100, I will invest the hundred in a newer model.

Post back with an update!

With todays technology, it is cheaper to replace than repair. Sorry.

Sorry but I believe you will have to replace it - unless you purchased an extended insurance policy that will cover this.
From what I've been able to find it appears the cheapest repair would be over $200 (service man to your house) and still cost a lot even if it is not fixable.

Why not contact Samsung and ask them about repairs. They can probably give you a better answer.
www.samsung.com/.../

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large)February 2, 2021
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Smart-TV-Damaged-Screen-View-1.html