Snail Information and Photos

Category Wildlife
When they are not eating up the plants in our garden, we can stop and appreciate the beauty of the many types of snails found in nature. This is a guide about snail information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This was taken at Catalina Island, CA. There were snails like this one all over. We were not anywhere near the water, just strolling along sidewalks and roads!

By Kristi

Photo of Snail

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

When I was outside weeding recently, my son found this neat snail hiding in the plants. I love the swirly pattern on its shell! Living in the PNW I tend to see more slugs than snails, so this was a fun surprise.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

I took a break from gardening to follow this snail as it traveled along my fence. Needless to say, it was a long break.

By ~gloria from upstate NY

Snail on fence

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

My husband and I recently moved to California. It was a big move for me, being born and raised in small-town Oregon, but it seems to have definitely been for the best!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Have you ever SEEN such a tiny intruder? I caught this little trouble-maker sneaking into my house on a rainy Aleutian afternoon; I just had to grab my camera before rescuing him from our new puppy!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5