Snail Information and Photos

Category Wildlife
When they are not eating up the plants in our garden, we can stop and appreciate the beauty of the many types of snails found in nature. This is a guide about snail information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This was taken at Catalina Island, CA. There were snails like this one all over. We were not anywhere near the water, just strolling along sidewalks and roads!

By Kristi

Photo of Snail

Comment Like this photo? 3

When I was outside weeding recently, my son found this neat snail hiding in the plants. I love the swirly pattern on its shell! Living in the PNW I tend to see more slugs than snails, so this was a fun surprise.

Comment Like this photo? 1

I took a break from gardening to follow this snail as it traveled along my fence. Needless to say, it was a long break.

By Gloria from upstate NY

Snail on fence

Comment Like this photo? 3

My husband and I recently moved to California. It was a big move for me, being born and raised in small-town Oregon, but it seems to have definitely been for the best! Anyway, we are in a condo right now and I've become quite fond of heading to the jacuzzi in the evenings.

On one of my days off, we decided to head down to the jacuzzi and I brought my camera along with me to grab a few shots of the beautiful Birds Of Paradise blossoms they have down there. I ended up being blessed with an adorably curious little snail crawling along one of the flowers. I followed him with my camera during his entire journey down the petals and stem, until he disappeared into the green, grassy abyss of the long blades these blossoms have surrounding them.

During his journey, he became fascinated by the "creature" (my camera and lens) following him and decided to bravely turn his head towards my lens and reach out for a closer look. I felt too lucky to have been able to get such a shot! I must admit, I loved how his head was in focus and how the lovely colors in the background swirled into something like a painting, or piece of art.

I hope you guys enjoy the photo! :) It's been a long while since I was able to hop on this site and I've missed it. I hope you are all doing well! God bless and keep smiling while you have those cameras snapping!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, Oregon

Curious Snail (Rancho Santa Margarita, California)

Comment Like this photo? 1

Have you ever SEEN such a tiny intruder? I caught this little trouble-maker sneaking into my house on a rainy Aleutian afternoon; I just had to grab my camera before rescuing him from our new puppy!

By Brianna

A small snail next to a dime.

Comment Like this photo? 5