Okay, yes this sounds unusual, but these are in fact really cool and playful. They make traditional soap fun and more interesting for sure!! I found many recipes and ideas online, but when I tried them, the jellies would just fall apart and these so far have not done that! So I'd like to share how I make them and hopefully these will be a fun project for you to enjoy:)
Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: About 3+ trays of soap jellies
- 6 Tbsp gelatin powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups soap (any kind: body wash, hand soap, dish soap etc.)
- 2 drops oregano essential oil (optional)
- 5 drops castor oil (also optional)
- 10 drops essential oil (scent of your choice, this is also optional, but gelatin tends to have a weird scent!)
- Set out all your ingredients;)
- Boil 4 cups of water, and then in a big bowl add this to the gelatin powder.
- Mix this together thoroughly! It may take a bit, there may be clumps of gelatin, but just mix as best as you can and then remove the excess clumps.
- Now add the liquid soap, and all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Get an ice cube tray or if you have a special mold then that works too, and put the mixture in it. Place it in the freezer and wait for a couple hours. It'll be a little frozen when you take it out, but it'll thaw and be perfect!
- Okay you're done. Have fun!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.