Sonoran Cactus Flower Chili Cups
Easy whimsical Southwestern appetizer that can be made in minutes.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 15 appetizers
Source: Original Recipe
- 2 3/4 oz. slices slices American or yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup canned chili without beans
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 box mini phyllo shells (15 count)
- 15 small sweet gherkin halves
- With a small canape cutter, cut 15 flower shapes from the cheese slices, reserving the cutting scraps.
- Place chili, chopped jalapeno pepper and cheese cutting scraps into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 60-75 seconds until cheese is melted and mixture is hot, stirring once.
- Spoon mixture evenly into phyllo shells. Place a gherkin half, cut side down, into each filled shell.
- Place a cheese flower on top of each gherkin.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!