Sour Cream Chip Muffins
A great recipe from Taste of Home. I read the comments and substituted whole wheat pastry flour, yogurt for the sour cream, and oil for the butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Taste of Home
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait 5 minutes, then remove to cool on wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!