Spayed Cat Spraying in House

My female cat was spayed 1 year ago and is now just starting to spray in my house again. She is also lifting her buttocks up in the air when you talk to her and meowing all the time. We have two outside "barn" cats that come on our porch (one is male). They do not mark anywhere, they just lay on our porch and then walk away. They have been here from the time I got my indoor cat. Why is my cat starting to spray again and what can I do to stop her?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I would take her to a vet to be checked. Spraying can result from several things-from marking her territory to a uti. It also could mean that when they spayed her, they left an ovary in. Some cats raise there rear because it makes them feel good--so that could be unrelated. I would have her checked to ensure there is no uti.

It could be that she is starting to feel threatened by the male cats and is marking her territory. Are they coming around more often than before?

you may need to get her anal glands expressed-if she is skinny or often constipated that is even more likely