SnacksRecipes

Spicy Ranch Crackers

Vote for this contest contender!

I make these often to have on hand for a spicy snack. I got the recipe from a fellow school mom who made these for one of our bake sales. I had to share the recipe! They are delicious and easy to make. It only takes a few minutes to mix together but the longer the crackers sit in the bags the better they taste. I usually let mine sit several hours, turning the bags often to coat the crackers.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

1. Place 2 sleeves of crackers in each ziplock bag.
  2. Mix together the pack of Ranch dressing and the vegetable oil in a small bowl.
  3. Next, pour half the oil mixture in each bag of crackers and turn the bag several times to mix and coat the crackers.
  4. Then add 1 Tbsp of red pepper flakes to each bag and turn bags several times to spread the flakes. If you prefer a non-spicy cracker you can omit the pepper flakes. Try using another spice such as dill or oregano or just leave them without the spice. The Ranch dressing is good by itself.
  5. Lay the 2 bags flat and spread the crackers around in the bags. This allows the oil mixture to soak into the crackers evenly. Turn the bags over about every 30 minutes or so to keep the oil spreading. I usually let my crackers sit for several hours to really soak in the mixture.
  6. Finished product! Enjoy! These crackers are great to snack on by themselves or add your favorite topping. They are also great to place in small baggies and sell at a bake sale or school functions such as ball games.
  7. Ad