Spinach Bacon Parmesan Steak Pinwheels
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 8, 2020
These steak pinwheels are packed with texture and flavour. They are stuffed with garlic, spinach, bacon, Parmesan cheese, then drizzled with a nice balsamic sauce. This goes great with a side of mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 to 1/2 pound flank or top round steak, room temp
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Gently score the steak with a knife but don't cut through.
- Wrap the steak loosely in cling film then beat until a bit flattened.
- Season all over with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a pan on both sides until cooked through but not crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and lay across surface of steak, side by side.
- To the pan with the rendered bacon fat, add spinach and garlic. Cook until softened, then place on top of bacon slices. Sprinkle with most of the Parmesan cheese, saving some for serving.
- Roll up the steak, using the longer ends so you have one long roll. Secure in place with 4 or so toothpicks.
- Add a bit of oil to the same pan over high heat. Place steak roll inside and cook until just browned.
- Keep rolling to brown every side.
- Place seared steak roll on a baking pan and place in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. If you like it well done, add about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir balsamic vinegar to juices in pan. Slice the steak roll into pinwheels and drizzle with balsamic sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.