Next >︎
To Top

Spouse Won't Sign Divorce Papers

My husband won't consent to a divorce. We have been separated for 6 months. I have moved on because of his cheating, he doesn't want a divorce and won't stop seeing the other woman. What can I do? The divorce legal costs are more than I can afford. I don't want to lose my kids or the home we own.


Princess from Kitwe


Husband Won't Consent To Divorce

I'm not certain where you reside, but most of the Courts now offer a service where they will review forms that are being filed "pro se" by a Plaintiff. Pro Se meaning that you act on your own behalf, without an attorney. In addition, most of the forms are now available on your local Court's website, and are fairly simple to fill out. Best of Luck. (06/30/2005)

By CndyHnt

Husband Won't Consent To Divorce

Call your Attorney General's office and ask for information about free Legal Aid. Some lawyers do it. It's called "pro bono". (06/30/2005)

By cookwie

Husband Won't Consent To Divorce

Maybe this will help you?

What is a Bifurcation?

It can take many months, even several years, for a dissolution to wind its way through the courts. Faced with this fact, many spouses want to terminate the marriage quickly, even if the other issues in the case have not been settled. There might also be situations in which it makes sense to have a separate trial of a particular issue.


In both of those situations, the court will order that the trial is to be bifurcated. This means either that the marital status is terminated and the parties are restored to their single status or a separate trial is to be held concerning a specific issue.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! (06/30/2005)

Husband Won't Consent To Divorce

You have to be very careful and not accept a divorce without getting payments through the end of college for your children, cars, and health insurance. You may be desperate now, but you are going to continue to be in a sad situation for years to come if you don't get a decent settlement agreement now.

I had indicated in a previous posting that there is free legal aid for you. Search and you will find it. Call your local library and see if their reference dept. can give you suggestions. Call City Hall. Call everyone you can think of until you get an answer. Call your county's Bar Association. Call any lawyer in the phone book and ask the secretary for info. (06/30/2005)


By cookwie

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Rolled up divorce decree with pen on legal pad
Spouse Won't Sign Divorce Papers
Next >︎
November 17, 2009
Orange Maple Leaves
Maple Tree Losing Its Leaves Early
Paper art of stick figure man and woman with stick figure children separated by a torn dollar bill in the shape of a heart
Collecting Child Support Without a Separation or Divorce
Visitation Rights
Visitation Rights After Divorce - Questions and Answers
Torn Photo of Happy Couple
Divorce Tips
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/10/15 20:16:07 in 417 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!