Sprouting a Mango Seed

I'm trying to grow a mango, but it looks like it's about to die. It begins to have a sprout, but all of a sudden it starts to dry up what should I do?

Best Answer

First off, how are you trying to sprout the seed? Normally when I sprout my mango seeds I allow the seed to dry out first. Afterwards, I lay the seed in the dirt. I don't plant the seed, just lay it in the dirt.

Water the seed daily to keep the soil wet. The seed will start to sprout and the roots will start to dig into the soil. Leave the seed in the pot for 3 months before transplanting.

Best Answer

Eat a nice mango, remove as much flesh from the seed as possible and then let it dry for a day or two. To germinate the mango seed you could just put the whole thing in a warm, moist place and wait for it to sprout. Then cut off all the seedlings except for one. (The smallest supposedly gives you the best fruit.)

Here is a guide:

www.tropicalpermaculture.com/growing-mangoes.html

Make sure you cut off all sprouts except one.

I find this interesting as I have a mango seed and was also interested in learning how to plant it. What I found was that not everyone seems to give the same instructions so I have listed three links that I am also going to review and see if my seed will grow.

homeguides.sfgate.com/can-plant-mango-seed-bought-grocery...

www.thespruce.com/grow-mango-seeds-1902625

www.wikihow.com/Plant-a-Mango-Seed