FramingCrafts

Standing CD Picture Frame

Vote for this contest contender!

Do you have any old CDs laying around that you no longer need? Scratched CDs or free CDs that get mailed to yout home as advertisement?

You can upcycle those old CDs/DVDs into a nice picture frame and stand. I actually made this as decor accent piece for a friend's baby shower! In the spot underneath her name is going to be a photo of her sonogram.

You can customize your picture frame anyway you would like. For the stand, you can use binder clips or clothespins.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. Using an X-Acto knife trace around the CD on the paper you would like the base of the frame to be. (I used scrap kraft paper and since I am going to put on a bow I did not need to cover the entire CD circle.)
  2. I used burlap/gold glittery wire edged ribbon to form a bow shape. Then I pinched the center and used the teal ribbon to secure a knot to create my bow.
  3. Now you can play around with any decoration ideas you may have and use items you already have on hand (i.e: random Scrabble pieces, stickers, or floral accents).
  4. Now you are ready to finalize your decorations. Using a glue stick, glue the kraft paper down. Secure the bow with hot glue. And add binder clips so the CD can stand.
  5. It is ready to decorate. Once you are ready secure all pieces down with hot glue. I ended up liking the name underneath the bow and the flowers all around.
  6. Underneath name will be where my friend will put a photo of her choice. I put a heart cut out as a guide where the photo will be. (This is optional).

Very pretty!

Thank you!!