Steamed Cassava (Khoai Mi)
In many Asian cultures cassava is a favored dessert. It is quickly prepared on the stovetop and sure to become a family hit. This page contains a recipe for making steamed cassava (khoai mi)
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Cassava is very rich in minerals and fiber. It is a common dessert in Asian culture.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- 2 lb cassava
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- Cut the cassava at 3" inches. Remove the outer skin. Fill a bowl with water and clean with salt.
- Now cut the cassava in half and remove the inside core.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot. When the water is boiling, add the cassava. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off heat and set aside to cool down.
- Drain water and stir sugar in and place back on the stove for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Ready to serve and enjoy this snack.
- Optional: Add crushed peanuts and coconut milk on top. The person I was cooking this for had an allergy to nuts.
April 25, 20170 found this helpful
this is great when cooked in coconut milk
June 23, 20170 found this helpful
I will have to try that. Thanks!