LaundryCleaning

Stop the Drip of Laundry Detergent

I store my large laundry detergent dispenser and my fabric softener dispenser in a cabinet over my washing machine. I slide the detergent container out of the cabinet and dispense the liquid by letting it drop into the washer by counting to 4. No matter how careful I am, the spout drips inside my cabinet and makes an awful mess. The blue fabric softener is even worse. It stains my white cabinet absolutely nothing will remove that blue stain!

So the next best thing is to prevent the drip. No worries, there is a lid that fits both the detergent and the fabric softener spout. It is the tabasco hot sauce lid. Save one for each spout.
You will need 2 rubber bands to secures each lid. Follow the photos for instruction but basically you wrap one rubber band around the Tabasco lid. Then you fish the second rubberband under the first and slip knot it. Then you slide the loose rubber band over the spout. It will hang nicely to the side to allow you to dispense the liquid. When done , cap the spigot and slide the container back into the cabinet . No more drip . Remember save your lids there can be used for so many things !

I love finding uses for lids ! I save mine grouped by size to make it easier but

I just fill smaller deturgent bottles and pour directly into the machine dispensers. No drip. Same with softener.

I Fill water bottles with laundry detergent and softener if Im going on a trip but at home I find that to be an extra step