Storing Pet Food By Servings

I am a foster parent for my local no-kill animal shelter. I usually have about 10 cats and the occasional dog in my care. I buy dry kibble pet food in bulk. I divide it into one day servings and store it in the zip lock freezer bags that you suck the air out of with a straw. It keeps the food fresh and bug free.

By Dena Roberts from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Tell me. Where do you buy "bulk" food? I'm the neighborhood food/water/covered shelter provider for about 15+ feral cats.

This is a very old post but just in case someone else needs information on where to acquire cat food in bulk as it cannot always be found at Walmart or Target type stores. These stores carry large bags of dog food but do not always carry the large bags of cat food. You can always call your local stores to check.

Tracker Supply sells several sizes but may be one of the only stores that has a 40 pound bag.

Several stores carry 22-25 pound bags online and usually have free shipping.

Pets FoodAugust 2, 2011
🐛
👒
🌻
Generated 2021-04-06 09:34:19 in 994 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Pet-Food-By-Servings.html