Storing Plastic Bags?

Where can I buy "storage" bags to put plastic sacks in?

By Beth from NE

You can get them at almost any department store with cute designs but they are super easy to make. Take the sleeve of any long sleeved shirt. Cut a 16" length of the sleeve and turn under a 1 inch hem either sewing, with liquid fabric glue, or iron on hemming tape like stitch witch.

Thread a piece of elastic, cut 1/2 the circumference of the top of the sleeve, and join the ends to make a loose stretchy top. Thread a piece of elastic 1/4 the circumference through the bottom to make a tighter stretchy hole in the bottom.

Attach a little loop of ribbon and hang it on a hook either on your kitchen wall (if you can match your color scheme) or inside a cabinet door, Voila! a handy, dandy plastic bag holder. Lightly stuff the bags in the top and pull out through the bottom hole.

I store mine in an empty kleenex box and I find I can stack them too. Some days I just need a lot of them, other days I don't.

I also like the tip from another reader about storing them in large medicine bottles and stashing in the car, purse or totes. Another place to stash them is in an empty wipes container. Good luck!

You can fold several of the plastic bags into small squares and store them in you pocketbook. Then if you forget to bring your own bags into the store you can use these. once folded they take almost no space. you could keep them in a little change purse. www.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Plastic-Bag

An old tube sock will hold about 50 bags. I cut a small hole in the toe for dispensing. I also wad up about 4 bags in a toilet tissue tube and stash them in the car.

Organizing Garbage and RecyclingJuly 18, 2012
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
Generated 2020-07-22 09:07:27 in 977 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Plastic-Bags.html