Storing Separated Egg Yolks and Whites

I separate my eggs daily due to dietary constraints and recipe requirements. Storing them properly saves me a lot of time and money.

Egg whites can be kept covered in the fridge for a few days, but if you have several, it's best to freeze them. Pour each egg white into a compartment of your ice cube tray and freeze. When you want to use them, defrost them at room temperature.

Egg yolks dont freeze well and can dry out after a day in the fridge by itself. In an airtight container, cover with a bit of water and place in the fridge. They will keep for 2-3 days. Just drain the water before using.