Storing Sewing Needles

Category Miscellaneous
Having your needles readily available makes all sewing machine projects easier. This page is about storing sewing machine needles.

I used an empty mechanical pencil lead container to store needles in. I lucked out and had one that was a good size and had a magnet on the back to stick to the fridge. I always know where a needle is.

By Tawnda

Use a small piece of styrofoam to keep your needles and small scissors in.

By lpurvis

When we lived in Hawaii the salt air would make my needles and pins rust in the pincushion. To keep this from happening my husband soaked the pincushion in kerosene. Set it on some newspapers to let it dry out for several days.

Then I put the pincushion in an empty tuna can to keep it from leaving an oily residue anywhere on my sewing table. No more rusting needles or pins!

I use the containers from 35mm film to store my yarn needles in. That way they are handy and I don't lose them anymore.

The small rigid plastic containers for mechanical pencil refills is perfect for storing sewing needles. This is a page about pencil lead tube for sewing needle storage.

Pencil lead tube with a variety of sewing needles.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

In These Pages
Crafts MiscellaneousJuly 30, 2012
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Sewing-Needles.html