Using and Storing Table Leaves

If you are like many people, you only use your table leaves for special occasions and need a storage solution for the rest of the year. Some newer tables include storage inside or underneath for added convenience.

I don't have covers for my dining room table leaves. Instead, to protect them while storing them in the closet, I slip them into king size pillow cases. They are the perfect length and protect against the scratching that may occur during storage. The flannel ones are particularly soft. You can sometimes find them at garage sales and save even more.

By Terry from Sherrill, NY

Have found an old wood dining set with 6 leaves that go with it. The leaves run lengthwise, as opposed to across the width of the table as I am used to seeing. Is this unusual?

Answers

Best Answer

I sure would like to see a picture of that! Does it look like an old farm table. The Irish used to build their tables like this!

The boards were ran lenght wise to save on expenses! May try looking under antique Irish furniture or any other such a site that you can think of! Good luck!

Best Answer

I have something similar but it's butterfly style leaf built in

Organizing AdviceDecember 15, 2012
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Table-Leaves.html