CakesBaking & Desserts

Stovetop Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe

Does anyone have the chocolate pudding cake recipe from the 60s (I think). It was made on the stove top. The recipes came in a magazine, but were hard, more like thin cardboard, and were long but not wide. You could purchase the binder separately and keep the recipes that you liked. Maybe they were from McCall's magazine. I have been looking for years at every garage sale without success.

Best Answer

I found a recipe but you pour hot water in the batter. It's from the 1960s and it is a chocolate pudding cake:

Although I did not bake a lot, I did make this cake many years ago and I am sure it came from a magazine - I liked Better Homes & Gardens best.
Truthfully though I cannot remember whether I made it on the stove top or in the oven.
My daughter still makes it occasionally and she uses this recipe (I think it tastes like the original but it is baked).