Stretching Shoes With Hot Water

Please Note: The use of this instruction is at your own risk and cost. I suggest not using this method in cold or freezing weather. Also note that it is the least costly, no chemical and safest way to exactly stretch your footwear to your feet.

Put very hot water from your sink or tub tap into your boots/shoes. Let sit until you feel that you can place your foot in the boot/shoe without burning your foot. The water may be warm, but the colder the water, the longer time it takes to stretch to your feet. After observing the water temperature, dump the water out of boot/shoe and place your feet into the wet boot/shoe with socks on, two pair if you choose or to stretch more or later. Wear the boot/shoe as much as possible. I usually have to do this procedure several times, but this works on all but rubber/plastic type footwear.

Think of this method as walking in the rain, stream, or puddle jumping. PS: The boot/shoe should somewhat fit your foot.

Something about my feet, I've had one foot broken leaving me with a high arch and the other foot mashed leaving it wider than the other. This is my long trial of using this method and it works on my footwear.

Thank you for your time and I hope this inexpensive way works for you. Happy New Year (2016)

Disagreeing with you, Herb. This does work very well on all leather products, but plastics and faux leather? Not so much. It's difficult nowadays to find footwear that's 100% leather so I'm glad you included the "at your own risk" note.

Anonymous

I can agree that it might make leather more pliable but putting water on leather will ruin the leather probably loosen any adhesives the shoe was put together with, also ruining the shoe.

Home and Garden Repair ClothingJanuary 8, 2016
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Stretching-Shoes-With-Hot-Water.html