Stuck Clutch on Thread Trimmer?

Why is my thread trimmer clutch getting stuck with my thread trimmer clutch lever assembly?

I do vintage standard domestic machine repairs here in the UK for my sewing students and so don't have any real experience with sergers - that said, have you made sure you've cleaned ALL the lint and fluff you can see without taking anything apart from the clutch area?

Use the maintenance pages from your user guide to do a thorough cleaning - it might just be what gets your machine back to sewing.

Don't use canned air to attempt a clean, btw, you'll just force those minuscule bits of fluff and lint deeper into places you won't be able to see and likely don't have the tools or expertise to reach.

If a careful clean-up doesn't solve your issue it's time to take the machine to a repair tech with experience with sergers.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesApril 26, 2015
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Stuck-Clutch-on-Thread-Trimmer.html