Stuffed Green Peppers

Do I blanch them first? How long? Then do I let them freeze and stuff them or do I blanch, then stuff them, and then freeze? I'm sorry about this; it is my first time. I'm excited about it, but want to do them the right way? Please help. Thank you.

By Joanne from Attica, IN

Anonymous

Just cut off the tops, remove the seeds and membrane inside, stuff and bake. I like to bake them with the tops on simply because you can still eat the top (just don't eat the stem - LOL) and having the top on helps keep the top portion of the stuffing moist.

I don't know about blanching but I do know that when your pepper is prepared you stuff them with your already cooked stuffing and freeze them. Last time my mom and I froze green peppers we put them in individual sandwich bags and then a Velvetta cheese box. Closed it up and tossed it in the Freezer. When your ready to have them for a meal you put them in the over and warm them thoroughly (it took like 30 minutes, we just had them last week).

I really don't think you blanch them but you can probably Google Green Pepper recipe and if it says you blanch them before baking then you blanch them before freezing.
It's simple, you're making a "frozen food". All frozen foods are thoroughly cooked before frozen, packaged and shipped to the market.

My experience has been that you do not need to blanch the green peppers first, to freeze your stuffed peppers. I also chop and without blanching, freeze green peppers to preserve them and use in recipes during the winter.

I made them for the first time the other day and I looked online and it said to blanch them for 5 minutes in boiling water. It also said it works better to cut them lengthwise, deseed, and then stuff. I did it and it worked great for me.