Stuffed Zucchini Squash
This recipe can be adapted to what you have on hand. I will write the recipe as I made it. It can be doubled or even tripled. A great way to use the zucchini that is plentiful and inexpensive this time of year.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Yield: 3 stuffed zucchini halves
Source: A combination of several recipes
- 1 and 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 lb ground meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small rib of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on zucchini halves
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, leaving a hole to stuff later.
- Chop all your other vegetables.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sauté the meat and vegetables. Break up the meat into small pieces.
- Add the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff the holes of the zucchini with the mixture. If you have too much filling, like I did, put it in an ovenproof dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Take off the foil. Top the zucchini halves with mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese melts and is bubbly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!